The perfect meal for baby and you!
Why do mom's and dad's have to eat their kids scraps?
Why cook 2, 3 separate meals? ain't nobody got time for that ish.
So! COOK ONCE and feed everyone.
Makes for 4 meals
Hide-yo-veggies Chicken bolognese
- 1 lb of ground chicken
- 2 Diced onions
- 2-3 shredded carrots
- 1 diced Bell pepper
- 1 cup of chopped mushrooms
- 3-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-2 teaspoon of salt to taste (add, more or less)
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon of chili flakes **
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper (leave out if you don’t like pepper)
- 1 teaspoon of ground fennel
- 1 canned whole tomatoes (You can use any pasta sauce if necessary, just be mindful of sugar content in most pasta sauces)
- 1 handful of Basil leaves (or 1 tsp of dried basil leaves)
- 2 spiraled zucchini (1 zucchini serves 1-2 meals, depending on how hungry you are)
1. In a pot at medium heat oil, onion, garlic, carrots, peppers, mushrooms, fennel powder until soft and slightly golden brown
3. Add the ground chicken and mix it around till it cooks, roughly 10 mins
5. Add canned tomatoes to pot and mash it up
6. Reduce to low heat, and simmer for roughly 30 minutes, mixing occasionally.
7. Add chopped basil, stir and serve with spiraled zucchini for parents, and whole wheat pasta for baby. ***
*If you’re baby is not able to handle chunky pieces of food, you can even blend it and then spoon feed it to them, and let them pick a the cooked pasta to help them develop their fine motor skills.
-cook the zucchini until very soft and cut it up into smaller pieces so it’s easier for them to swallow
** add this in when you are about to serve your own meal, so it’s not spicy for baby
** *Zucchini is great if you’re on a low carb diet, but you can also just eat whole wheat pasta as well instead of zucchini (or any pasta you prefer)
PICKY EATER TIP:
Blend the sauce, so the veggies are indistinguishable.
especially, if your kid is a picky eater and you’re frustrated about making sure that at the very least they consume their nutrients.
add in chopped up spinach into the sauce for more greens